Texstars has the following software, hardware, and file translation capabilities.
Workstations running on the latest Windows operating systems, scanner, plotters, and printers.
- Catia V5 R25
- Inventor / Mechanical Desktop / AutoCAD – drafting and surfaces models
- Surfcam Velocity 5.1 – a 3-D surface modeling program that outputs cutter paths to NC code files to our
CNC mills, lathes, waterjets and 5-axis routers.
- Scan2Cad v6 – to scan mylars or prints up to 36″ wide by 8′ long into CAD drawings.
- Rhinoceros 3.0
- FARO Cam2 – CMM software
Preferred file formats
AutoCad format (*.DWG), Catia V5 (*.model or *.CATPART), and Pro/ENGINEER Files (*.PRT) are the
preferred method for file exchanges. We are on a subscription program to ensure that we always have the latest releases. Translated models should be in STEP, Parasolid or IGES format.
Accepted file formats
- CATIA 4 files (*.model, *.exp)
- STEP files (*.STEP)
- Parasolid files (*.X_T, *.X_B)
- IGES files (*.IGS)
- ACIS-format PAR files (*.PAR)
- ACIS-format SAT files (*.SAT)/li>
- SurfCam DSN files (*.SCPRT, *.DSN)
- Solidworks part files (*.PRT, *.SLDPRT, *.SLDASM)
- Unigraphics UGII files (*.PRT)
- Data Exchange Format DXF Files (*.DXF)
- ASCII lines, points, or surfaces in XYZ data files (*.asc, *.txt)
- Stereo Lithography Files (*.STL)
- Numerical Control NCC Files (*.ncc)
- Others2D File Formats: We work with scanned drawing formats including Adobe PDF, Raster (TIFF, JPG, BMP), Metafiles WMF, CGM, CALS, HPGL and others.